1.The electric resistance of a column of 0.05M NaOH soln of diameter 1cm & length 50 cm is 5.55X103 ohm.
Calculate its ٨m
- Calculate eqm constant for the Rxn – 4Br- + O2 + 4H+ = 2Br2 +2H2O , E0cell = 0.16V
- Which type of solids show following (1)both Sckottky & Frankel defect. (2) Ferrimagnetism (3)
piezoelectricity (4) Ferroelectricity
- Why ZnO looks yellow on heating ?
- Give electro chemical theory of corrosion?
- 0.01 molol aqueous solution of K3[Fe(CN)6] freezes at –0.062oC. What is the apparent percentage of
dissociation (kf water =1.86 )
- Analysis shows that nickel oxide has formula Ni0.98O1.00. What fractions of the nickel exist as Ni2+ and
- Why we add salt to the snow on the roads?
9.The half life period of a first order reaction is 600 s . What percent of A remain after 30 min.?
- The activation energy of a 1st order reaction at 300 K is 60 KJ/mol. In the presence of catalyst the
activation energy lowered to 50 KJ/mol at 300K. How many times the reaction gets change in the
presence of catalyst at same temperature?
- Conductivity of 0.00241 M acetic acid is 7.896 x 10-5 S cm-1 . Calculate its molar conductivity and ifΛo
for acetic acid is 390 .5 S cm2 mol-1 , what is its dissociation constant ?
- Of the d4 species, Cr+2 is strongly reducing while Mn +3 is strongly oxidizing. Explain ?
- Write a short note on Lanthanide contraction. Also give consequences ?
- What is misch metal ?
- Name two transition element showing only one oxidation state ?
- Give 2o structure of DNA.
- Define – (a) Mutarotatio (b) Zwitter ion (c) gene (d) codon
- Prepare Nylon – 6 from cyclohexane.
- What are the monomers of – (a) PMMA (b) Buna – N (c) PAN (d) natureal rubber
- Why cane sugar is non reducing ? explain .
- Give the method for the synthesis of Phenol formaldehyde resine.
- Explain following - 1.[Sc(H2O)6]+3 is colorless & [Ti(H2O)6]+3 is colored. 2.[Ni(H2O )4]3 is coloured &
[Ni(CN)4]3 is colourless.
23.Account for the following : [Cr(NH3)6]3+ is paramagnetic and octahedral whereas [Ni(CN)4]2- is
diamagnetic and square planer .
- Write IUPAC Name of a. [Co(NH3)5ONO]Cl2 b. K3[Cr(CN)6]
- Arrange the following in the order of oxidising strength – ClO4- , BrO4- & IO3-
- Arrange the following in the order of acidic strength – (a) HClO , HClO2 , HClO3, HClO4
(b) HI , HBr . HCl
27.Complete the following eqn –
(a) BrO3- + F2 + OH- = (b) Ca3P2 + H2O =
- Give the structure of XeOF2 .
- Give distinguishing test b/n following – (a) HCOOH & Acitic acid (b) Aniline & phenol (c) CH3NH2 & CH3CH2NH2
- What happen when acetamide is treated with NaOBr ?
- Write a short note on (a) Rosenmund reaction (b) Aldol condensation
- Why MnO4- is coloured ?
- An element has d of 19.35 gm/c.c. and length of side of unit cell is 316 pm. The unit cell is b.c.c. How many atoms of element does 50 gm of element contain ?
- Which of the following is more acidic – (a) Acetic acid & Benzoic acid (b) Phenol & ethanol
(c) CH3OH & ethanol
- Explain the basic character of 10 , 20 , 30 – ethyl amine is more basic & why?
- How can we convert following – (a) Nitro ethane to acetic acid (b) Acetone to tert. butylalcohol
- “ Ranitidine is an anta acid “. Comment on the statement.
- What is soap chemically ? Why does it not give sufficient lather with hard water ?
- What is the function of “equanil “. Give example of broad spectrum?
- What is the disease caused by deficiency of following vitamins – Vit. A , H , K , B12
- What is meant by hormones ? What are peptide harmones & their types ?
- What are biopolymer. Give example?
- Write short note on – (a) Van-de-arkel method (b) Aluminothermy (b) Illingham diagram
Give the various steps involve in the extraction of Fe from hematite ore ?