For Gurenteed Preparation of CHEMISTRY EXAM in one month , Click here
1. What is COLLODIAN ?
2. If we apply pressurein certain type of shoes they start emitting light. Which property of solid is indicated by this?
3. What happen tospecific conductivity if we add water to the system?
4. Why addition of nonvolatile solute decreases the freezing point of a liquid?
5. How catalyst increasesthe rate of reaction?
6. Give Antifluorite structure with example.
Click here For Video Classes for Free
7. Analysis shows that nickel oxide has formula Ni0.98O1.00. What fractions of the nickel exist as Ni2+ and Ni3+ ions?
8. Whyoxygen mixed with helium is used by deep sea divers? What is bends?
9. Calculate (a) molality (b) molarity of KI if the density of 20% (mass/mass) aqueous KI is 1.202 g mL-1
10.Calculate the potentialof hydrogen electrode in contact with a solution whose pH is 10.
11.How much charge is required for the following reductions:
(i) 1 mol of Al3+to Al. (ii) 1 mol of Cu2+ to Cu.
12. What will be the effect of temperature on rate constant? Explain with suitable expression?
13. Derive relation b/n t99.9% and t99%.
14. Why is ferric chloride preferred over potassium chloride in case of a cut Leading to bleeding?
15. An element has density of 19.35 gm/c.c. and length of side of unit cell is 316 pm. Theunit cell is b.c.c.How many atoms of element does 50 gm of element contain ?
16. Si is doped with P . Explain –
(a) Which typeof defect this is?
(b) Which typeof Conductivity they show?
(c) What willbe the effect on density?
17. Conductivity of 0.00241 M acetic acid is 7.896 x 10-5 S cm-1 . Calculate its molar conductivity and ifΛo for acetic acid is 390 .5 S cm2 mol-1 , what is its dissociation constant ?
18. (a) What is meant by Cathodic protection?
(b) Writethe reactions of Fuel cell?
(c) Calculate e.m.f. for following cell –
Cd |Cd+2 (0. 1M) || Ag+1 ( 0.1M ) | Ag
E0 Cd+2/ Cd = – 0.40V ; E0Ag+ / Ag = 0.8V
19. Two elements A & B form compounds having molecular formula AB2 & AB4. When dissolved in 20g of C6H6, 1g AB2 lowers the freezing point by 2.3 & 1g AB4 lowers it by 1.3K.The molar depressionconstant for benzene is 5.1Kg mol-1. Calculate atomic mass A & B.
20.(a) Why During Ice cream Making Icecream maker add salt to the ice cream?
(b) Define Raoults law for the solutionshaving non Volatile solute?
(c)What will be the Vant’s hoff factor for Glucose & K4[Fe(CN)6]
21. (1) Comment on the statement that “colloid is not a substance but a state ofsubstance”.
(2) A colloidal solution of AgI is preparedby two different methods.
(A) AgNO3 solution is added toexcess KI solution.
(B) KI solution is added to excess AgNO3solution.
What is the charge on the Ag I colloidalparticles in the two cases. Explain.
22. (a) The half life period of a first order reaction is 600 s .What percent of A remain after30 minutes?
(b) Give differences between order of reaction and molecularity ? Which of them is affected by temperature?
23. The activationenergy for the reaction
2HI(g) → H2 + I2(g) is 209.5 kJmol−1 at 581K.Calculate the fraction of molecules of reactants having energy equal to orgreater than activation energy?