The result of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for MBBS & BDS, is out and now it is very careful time of counselling. NEET 2019 Counselling will be conducted through online mode. The counselling is conducted every year by the Medical Council Committee (MCC).
There are approximately 65000 seats of MBBS in approx 470 medical colleges and nearly 25000 seats in BDS in 308 Dental colleges available.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Counselling is divided into two categories –
- For 85% State Quota Seats
- For 15% All India Quota Seats
Admissions to all MBBS and BDS seats , except for AIIMS & JIPMER will be done through NEET 2019. The seats are mentioned below –
- All India Quota (AIQ) seats
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Universities/Central Institutions/Deemed Universities
- NRI/Management/State Quota Seats in Private Colleges or University (Medical and Dental)
The category wise cutoff scores in NEET 2019 are given below :
(a) For Unreserved (50 percentile)
(b) For Unreserved Physically Handicapped (45 percentile)
(c) SC (40 percentile)
(d) ST (40 percentile )
(e) OBC (40 percentile) etc.
Schedule of NEET Counselling 2019:
The registration process for the NEET Counselling 2019 is likely to be held from the 2nd week of June. To Appear a candidates need to register themselves for the counselling process and fill up preferences for admission like state etc. Candidates will be allotted seats as per their merit, rank, category and availability of seat. Once seats are allotted, they must report at the allotted college or institute within the given time. Seats that remain unoccupied after the first round counselling will be included in the second round of NEET 2019 counselling. The counselling result will be released on the official website in PDF format.
- The counselling will be carried out for admission to 15% of All India Quota seats in government medical and dental colleges in all states except J&K
- Seats reserved for wards of Insured Person (IP quota) in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical colleges
- Seats in the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
The NEET 2019 counselling for the remaining 85% state quota seats (100% for J&K) will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities. Candidates are required to register separately for state counselling process.
Schedule of NEET Counselling 2019
|First Round for All India Quota/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat||Second week of June|
|Registration and Choice Filling||Second week of June|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||Third week of June|
|Allotment Result||Fourth week of June|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Till first week of July|
|Second Round for All India Quota/Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||First week of July|
|Registration and Choice Filling||First week of July|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||Second week of July|
|Allotment Result||Second week of July|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Third week of July|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the respective states||Fourth week of July|
|Mop up Round for Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges|
|Display of Seat Matrix||Second week of August|
|Registration and Choice Filling||Second week of August|
|Last date for registration and choice filling||Third week of August|
|Allotment Result||Third week of August|
|Reporting to allotted colleges||Fourth week of August|
|Transfer of vacant seats to the respective Institutes||Fourth week of August|
How to Register for NEET 2019 Counselling –
- Visit https://www.mcc.nic.in/ and click on ‘UG Medical Counselling’ link. On the left side, you will find the ‘New Registration’ link. Click on it to enter details like roll number, application number, the name of the candidate, mother name, Date of birth , email ID, mobile number and security PIN and ‘SUBMIT’. New login will be generated. Use the new roll number and password in next step.
NEET Counselling | Documents Required
- NEET Score Card
- ID Proof
- Class 10 and 12 scorecard and certificate
- Provisional allotment letter
- Passport size pictures
- Caste certificate
- Physically Disabled certificates
NEET 2019 Seat Allotment:
SMS or e-mail containing brief information about the allotted college and course will be sent to the candidates. The physical presence of the candidates is required by the particular college within the specific day and time. They need to confirm their seats by remitting the course fee. Those failing to do so will not get any seat, and their seats will be transferred to other aspirants.
Who Can Apply for NEET Second Round Counselling 2019?
Candidates who could not get a seat in the first round of NEET counselling 2019, whose admission is cancelled owing to change of category and who opt for an upgrade during the reporting period are eligible for the second round of NEET counselling 2019.
Note: Those students who file online resignation form to return their allotted seats are no longer eligible to take part in the further counselling process.