About 1.2 million IIT aspirants this year(2019) are having nightmares and only one question that horrifying them everyday is – “What should be done after the result of IIT-JEE MAIN? “ And they get no answer at all. This article will remove their confusion and will give the answers of all their questions which are pounding their minds now and then.
There are a no. of options after IIT-JEE MAINS results….
First of all , check the Qualifying cut off / percentile for IIT-JEE Advanced.
- If u got the required percentile , then brace urself for next level. Prepare for IIT-JEE Advanced Test which is going to be held on May 27th, 2019. Best of Luck for the exam.
- If u missed the required percentile , then do not get disheartened. There are many more options apart from IIT.
So your next step will be:
- JOSAA Counselling : Joint Seat Allocation Authority will be conducting the counselling of JoSAA 2019 for all qualified candidates. Registrations for JoSAA 2019 counselling will be open around in the second week of June. All qualified candidates will have to register for JoSAA counselling 2019 and meet the required eligibility criteria. The list of available courses and institutes will be listed out according to their eligibility. JEE Main candidates will be eligible only for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs while JEE Advanced candidates will be able to apply for all institutes including IITs. Allotment of seats through the counselling of JoSAA 2019 will be done as per the merit, preference and category of the candidates. In total, seven rounds of JoSAA 2019 counselling will be conducted by the authorities.
- Look out for top engineering entrance exams other than NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and IITs. Private and state level engineering entrance examination will also be able to get you a seat into good institutes. By Giving other top engineering entrance exams, you will have a wider range of options to select from.
- Get ready for SEEE . You can always apply for State Engineering Entrance Examinations. These examinations provide admissions into the prestigious government colleges and give preference to those students who meet the domicile requirements. Some states also give admissions through JEE Main. These states use the All India ranks to allot seats and simply conduct the counselling based on a specified eligibility criteria as announced the state authorities. States offering partial admission through JEE Main are – Maharashtra , west Bengal , Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh.
- Next option will be Private colleges which are luxurious and meet the standards of IITs and NITs.
- You can make your preparation stronger and can re-appear in IIT-JEE exams…. A candidate has got total 2 attempts to appear in the Mains Exam in a year. Therefore, the candidates who have appeared for one time, have one more chance to avail in JEE and make their career goals accomplished. You should learn from your previous mistakes. You must prepare more attentively next time. As per the guide of JEE Mains 2019 Preparation, one can even prepare for the exam without extra coaching.
There are many more career options other than engineering like
- Graduation/ Hons
- Business management
- Business administration
- Mass communication
- Graphic Designing
- Fashion designing
- Interior Designing
So, you have so many career options. Choose the one which is right for you.
ALL THE VERY BEST
- And the final option is—