1.The electric resistance of a column of 0.05M NaOH soln of diameter 1cm & length 50 cm is 5.55X103 ohm.Calculate its ٨m 2. Calculate eqm constant for the Rxn – 4Br– + O2 + 4H+ = 2Br2 +2H2O , E0cell = 0.16V
3. Which type of solids show following (1)both Sckottky & Frankel defect. (2) Ferrimagnetism (3)piezoelectricity (4) Ferroelectricity
5. Give electro chemical theory of corrosion?
6. 0.01 molol aqueous solution of K3[Fe(CN)6] freezes at –0.062oC. What is the apparent percentage of dissociation (kf water =1.86 )
7. Analysis shows that nickel oxide has formula Ni0.98O1.00. What fractions of the nickel exist as Ni2+ and Ni3+ ions?
8. Why we add salt to the snow on the roads?
9.The half life period of a first order reaction is 600 s . What percent of A remain after 30 min.?
10. The activation energy of a 1st order reaction at 300 K is 60 KJ/mol. In the presence of catalyst the ,activation energy lowered to 50 KJ/mol at 300K. How many times the reaction gets change in the presence of catalyst at same temperature?
11. Conductivity of 0.00241 M acetic acid is 7.896 x 10-5 S cm-1 . Calculate its molar conductivity and ifΛo
for acetic acid is 390 .5 S cm2 mol-1 , what is its dissociation constant ?
12. Of the d4 species, Cr+2 is strongly reducing while Mn +3 is strongly oxidizing. Explain ?
13. Write a short note on Lanthanide contraction. Also give consequences ?
14. What is misch metal ?
15. Name two transition element showing only one oxidation state ?
16. Give 2o structure of DNA.
17. Define – (a) Mutarotatio (b) Zwitter ion (c) gene (d) codon
18. Prepare Nylon – 6 from cyclohexane.
19. What are the monomers of – (a) PMMA (b) Buna – N (c) PAN (d) natureal rubber
20. Why cane sugar is non reducing ? explain .
21. Give the method for the synthesis of Phenol formaldehyde resine.
22. Explain following – 1.[Sc(H2O)6]+3 is colorless & [Ti(H2O)6]+3 is colored. 2.[Ni(H2O )4]3 is coloured &
[Ni(CN)4]3 is colourless.
23.Account for the following : [Cr(NH3)6]3+ is paramagnetic and octahedral whereas [Ni(CN)4]2- is diamagnetic and square planer .
25. Arrange the following in the order of oxidising strength – ClO4– , BrO4– & IO3–
26. Arrange the following in the order of acidic strength – (a) HClO , HClO2 , HClO3, HClO4
(b) HI , HBr . HCl
28. Give the structure of XeOF2 .
29. Give distinguishing test b/n following – (a) HCOOH & Acitic acid (b) Aniline & phenol
(c) CH3NH2 &CH3CH2NH2
30. What happen when acetamide is treated with NaOBr ?
31. Write a short note on (a) Rosenmund reaction (b) Aldolcondensation
32. Why MnO4– is coloured ?
33. An element has d of 19.35 gm/c.c. and length of side of unit cell is 316 pm. The unit cell is b.c.c. How
of element does 50 gm of element contain ?
34. Which of the following is more acidic – (a) Acetic acid & Benzoic acid (b)CH3OH & ethanol (c) Phenol & Benzoic Acid
35. Explain the basic character of 10 , 20 , 30 – ethyl amine is more basic & why?
36. How can we convert following – (a) Nitro ethane to acetic acid (b) Acetone to tert. butylalcohol
37. “ Ranitidine is an anta acid “. Comment on the statement.
38. What is soap chemically ? Why does it not give sufficient lather with hard water ?
39. What is the function of “equanil “. Give example of broad spectrum?
40. What is the disease caused by deficiency of following vitamins – Vit. A , H , K , B12
41. What is meant by hormones ? What are peptide harmones & their types ?
42. What are biopolymer. Give example?
43. Write short note on – (a) Van-de-arkel method (b) Aluminothermy (b) Illingham diagram
Give the various steps involve in the extraction of Fe from hematite ore ?